- Job ID
- Direct Care
- Regular Full-Time
- Mental and Behavior Health
The Clinician provides case management and behavior and crisis management services, utilizing therapeutic approaches compatible with ICHD’s treatment philosophy, with an emphasis on empirical behavior techniques. Counselors may work individually, or in a team approach, depending on the needs of the client or program.
- Provides ongoing evidence-based treatment, assessment, education and support to clients and their family in a dynamic treatment program.
- Formulates goal-oriented treatment/service plans for members and families to prevent recurrence of crises, promote adaptive behaviors, and to maintain or improve
- Develops and implements the crisis/safety plan and treatment plans.
- Develops treatment team recommendations for follow-up support and services.
- Completes timely reviews of progress, monthly reports.
- Actively participates on the member’s/family’s Child and Family Team (CFT)
- Consults with supervisor about any decisions regarding emergency safety responses, hospitalization or
- Maintains a minimum number of documented member contact hours per week; completes related progress notes using the appropriate
- Participates in weekly administrative supervision and team meetings; attends other meetings as appropriate, or as requested by supervisor.
- Maintains an approved schedule and acceptable level of attendance
- Education - Bachelor's degree in a specified field related to Behavioral Health required
- Education -Master’s degree in a specified field related to Behavioral Health (preferred)
- Certification – Current Arizona Behavioral Health License required
- Experience – 1-2 years prior behavioral health experience
- Special Job Requirement – Able to provide own, reliable transportation; mileage reimbursement
- Regulatory -
- 21 years of age
- Current, valid Arizona Driver’s License, 39 month Motor Vehicle Report and proof of vehicle registration and liability coverage to meet insurance
- Eligible for DPS Level I fingerprint
- First Aid, CPR certification (Employer provides)
- Initial negative TB test (Employer provides)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and
- Technology - Computer literate, to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Systems, Word and Outlook applications; working knowledge of databases and electronic health records (EHR).
Physical Demands: The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
- Physical: Sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office and/or a variety of community-based settings, including client’s homes which may not be adapted for persons with physical challenges; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist: to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amount of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard or laptop; and to verbally communicate to exchange
- Ability to drive a
- Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without
- Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without