Job LocationsUS-AZ-Northern Arizona | US-AZ-Flagstaff | US-AZ-Kingman | US-AZ-Bullhead City | US-AZ-Cottonwood | US-AZ-Lake Havasu City | US-AZ-Prescott
- Job ID
- Human Services
- Work Hours
- Mental and Behavior Health
The Habilitation Technician provides community-based services to individuals who are diagnosed with a developmental disability.
- Ensures consumer’s health/safety while promoting independence.
- Assists with and teaches consumer personal care behaviors.
- Actively participates as a member of their consumer’s treatment team.
- Promotes consumer’s involvement in skills training, socialization, communication, and setting goals.
- Observes consumer’s behavior to ensure safety and address needs.
- Intervenes in crisis to prevent injury to consumer or others.
- Notifies supervisor of all incidents/accidents and completes required paperwork
- Completes clinically appropriate, error-free, data in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) within 24 hours of service.
- Maintains an approved schedule and acceptable level of attendance
- Education - High school diploma or General Equivalency (GED) required.
- Experience - Prior experience working with children and families preferred.
- Familiarity with and/or some knowledge of individuals diagnosed with autism or other developmental disabilities preferred.
- 18 years of age
- Eligible for DPS Level I fingerprint clearance. (Employer provides)
- First Aide, CPR, Prevention and Support (must pass) and Article 9 certification. (Employer provides)
- Initial negative TB test result. (Employer provides)
- Must have own reliable transportation to travel to appointments.
Job Reference #: 1674