- Job ID
- Human Services
- Regular Full-Time
- Mental and Behavior Health
The Intake Clinician is assigned to the Sells Clinic site. Responsible for all aspects of the initial assessment of members for intake into appropriate services on the Tohono O’odham Nation, including interviewing, gathering data for a comprehensive psychosocial assessment, making a clinical diagnosis, and completing the interim service plan.
- Conducts a comprehensive psychosocial assessment and makes treatment recommendations, summarizes primary presenting issues, identifies child/family strengths, and formulates a diagnosis based on this initial interview. Completes intakes in office, home and/or community-based settings, as appropriate.
- Develops interim service plans that identify the next steps taken after intake by the provider and person/family, and what issues are to be addressed for ongoing assessment.
- Provides effective crisis assessment including the following of program triage protocol, arranging for emergency psychiatric evaluation/hospitalization as indicated by protocol, provides for follow-up, and normalizes situation and discussions options.
- If no behavioral health concern is identified, is skilled to refer member to appropriate community resources.
- Conducts educational activities that promote member understanding of treatment services, including therapy, behavior management, psychiatric evaluations, medication, diagnosis, parenting skills.
- Must be able to provide own reliable transportation to and from relevant appointments throughout the Tohono O’odham Nation. **Agency vehicles may or may not be available depending on fleet.
- Master’s Degree in related field and two years of experience in the behavioral health field; or a non-related Master’s degree with four years of experience in behavioral health field.
- Current licensure in State of Arizona in behavioral health or other applicable field preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English verbal language skills required. O’odham verbal language skills preferred
- Arizona Driver’s License, 39-month motor vehicle record and vehicle liability coverage that meet insurance requirements
- 21 years of age.
- CPR and First Aid certification required (ICHD provides training).
- Eligible for DPS Level 1 fingerprint clearance
- Current negative TB test result required (ICHD provides).