Respite Staff (PT/ Seasonal) Great for Students
- Job ID
- Direct Care
- Mental and Behavior Health
Perfect for students! Gain experience into the field of behavioral health. No experience necessary. We will train the right person! This position is also perfect for someone looking for seasonal work only.
- Provides direct care and supervision of clients in the respite program.
- Provides meaningful teaching opportunities and experiences in all program areas to include: social, self-care, and recreation.
- Implements formal programs and initiates incidental teaching opportunities.
- Implements and documents behavioral contingencies with clients
- Assists in the development of activity plans for clients who are participating in group and respite activities.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with families, caseworkers, referring workers, employers and families
- Attends to client’s physical and/or self-care needs.
- Transports clients to and from community outings and other activities
- Provides adequate supervision for the clients in the respite setting and in the community
- Becomes familiar with the social and medical histories documented in each client’s file.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., push or pull up to 150 lbs.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
- Ability to safely negotiate non-adapted walkways, entrances, exits and facilities within the community service area.
- HS/GED required.
- CPR and First Aide Certified (ICHD provides training)
- 21 years of age
- Possess a valid State Driver’s License and 3 year clean driving record
- Be eligible for a AZ DPS Level one Fingerprint Card (State requirement)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to behavioral health and one year experience working full-time in the behavioral health field preferred.