Teacher (Candidate Pool)
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Mental and Behavior Health
Intermountain Centers' Intermountain Academy offers the greater Tucson, Arizona community a positive teaching environment for youth with specialized needs - a school that builds on each individual child's strengths and interests. The Academy currently supports children with autism (grades K-12) with a provision of measurable academic achievement following an Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) model. Intermountain Academy follows the Tucson Unified School District school year schedule.
In January, 2016, Intermountain Academy was scored by AdvancED to be in the top 20 percent of all schools internationally.
The teacher effectively manages the learning environment in order to advance student achievement
- Develops, implements and evaluates daily lesson plans, to include scheduled activities and materials
- Plans instruction and implements instructional techniques to encourage and motivate students.
- Participates as a member of an instructional team to promote learning activities for students, consistent with district and school education objectives
- Prepares lesson plans and instructs students in accordance with established curriculum and student need.
- Utilizes classroom management techniques to maintain organization, orderliness, student safety, and a productive learning environment.
- Implements instructional techniques to encourage and motivate students
- Models enthusiasm for the learning process, both personally and professionally
- Monitors and guides the activities of teacher assistant
- Observe behavior of students in the classroom and during activities
- Models behaviors necessary for students’ success
- Notifies site administrator of the special needs of students who display characteristics that vary from the norm
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Education
- Experience in behavioral models of treatment is highly encouraged
- Prior experience working with individuals diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder is highly encouraged
- 21 years of age
- CPR, First Aid , and Crisis Intervention (CPI) certification (ICHD provides training)
- Arizona Driver’s License and 39-month driving record that meets insurance requirements
- Eligible for DPS Level I fingerprint clearance
- Physical examination report including a current negative TB test result, within the prior 12 months (ICHD provides)